Employer: The Royal Ambassador Event Centre and The Consulate Restaurant
Location: 15430 Innis Lake RdCaledon East, ONL7C 2Z1
Salary: $25.00 / hour
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time30 to 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: On call, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours, to be determined
Source Job no.# 2191299
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Dependability, Efficient interpersonal skills, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Initiative, Organized, Reliability, Team player
• The Head Chef will be the back-of-house leader responsible for the food that comes out of the
kitchen, from conception to execution.
• Ensure the kitchen runs efficiently at all times, while producing consistently high-quality
• Oversight of the operations of a restaurant and banquet dining facility.
• Create menu items and determine food inventory needs.
• Additional duties will include: staffing of the kitchen, developing menu offerings, forecasting
supply needs and estimating costs.
• Ensure the compliance of all regulatory standards, including sanitary and safety guidelines.
• Assigning tasks to sous chefs and cooks as required
• Assist in creating solutions regarding patron complaints as needed.
• Ensuring staff are provided a well-balanced staff lunches that are within budget.
• Additional duties as required.
Job Specifications & Requirements:
• Available to work flexible hours, including early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
• Professional, well-groomed personal appearance.
• Combined, progressive experience in all food preparation activities, and through related
• The ability to lead and motivate kitchen staff by example is essential. The position will
require less hands-on cooking and more oversight of kitchen staff. Only, when necessary,
should the head chef take a hands-on approach.
• Formal training in the culinary arts is preferable.
• Prior management experience is preferable.
• Creating checklists for the sake of organization and inventory. It will be the responsibility of
the head chef to inform management when something is needed, or service is needed.
Staff in various areas of responsibility
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Handling heavy loads, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
How to apply