Position: Food service supervisor
Employer details: DAIRY QUEEN SAANICH CENTRE
Location: Victoria, BC V8X 1J8
Salary: $18.00 hourly 30 to 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment Permanent employment Full time
Day, Early Morning, Evening, Flexible Hours, Morning, Night, Overtime, Shift, To be determined, Weekend
Start date: Starts as soon as possible.
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Source Job Bank#2380147
· Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
· Establish methods to meet work schedules.
· Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food.
· Train staff in job duties, sanitation, and safety procedures
· Estimate and order ingredients and supplies.
· Hire food service staff.
· Ensure food service and quality control.
· Prepare budget and cost estimates.
· Address customers’ complaints or concerns
· Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
· Prepare and submit reports.
· Prepare food order summaries for chef.
· Must have knowledge of the establishment’s culinary genres.
· Supervise and check assembly of trays.
· Supervise and check delivery of food trolleys.
· Establish work schedules.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
· Fast-paced environment
· Work under pressure
· Tight deadlines
· Combination of sitting, standing, walking
· Standing for extended periods
· Bending, crouching, kneeling
· Physically demanding
· Client focus
· Efficient interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral communication
· Team player
How to apply