Position: Early childhood assistant
Employer: Wee Wild Ones
Location: 611 71st AVE SE Calgary AlbertaCalgary, ABT2H 0S7
Salary: 18.83 hourly30 to 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment: Permanent employment Full time
Day, Evening, Flexible Hours, Morning, Shift, To be determined, Weekend
Start date: Starts as soon as possible.
Benefits: Health benefits
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Source Job Bank#2388759
· College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
• Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional, and
social development of children.
• Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records.
• Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs, and preparing crafts.
• Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic plays, music, and physical activity.
• Guide and assist children in developing proper eating, dressing, and toilet habits.
• Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties.
• Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods.
• Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for
• parents, guardians, or supervisor
• Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors.
• Discuss the progress and problems of children at staff meetings.
• Establish guidelines for behavior.
• Assess the abilities, interests, and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff
• Attend staff meetings to discuss the progress and problems of children.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children,
• Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours.
· Dental plan
· Health care plan
· Vision care benefits
How to apply