Position: Early childhood assistant
Employer:WilderKids Incorporated o/a Wee Wild Ones
Location: 10 11a Street NE Calgary, ABT2E 4Z3
Salary: 19.00 hourly30 to 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment; Permanent employment Full time
Day, Early Morning, Flexible Hours, Morning, To be determined
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits
Source Job Bank#2370492
· College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
· Day care centre or nursery school
• Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional, and
social development of children.
• Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records.
• Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs, and preparing crafts.
• Provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic plays, music, and physical activity.
• Guide and assist children in developing proper eating, dressing, and toilet habits.
• Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties.
• Prepare snacks and arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods.
• Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioral problems and prepare reports for
• parents, guardians, or supervisor
• Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors.
• Discuss the progress and problems of children at staff meetings.
• Establish guidelines for behavior.
• Assess the abilities, interests, and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff
• Attend staff meetings to discuss the progress and problems of children.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children,
• Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
· Repetitive tasks
· Physically demanding
· Attention to detail
· Combination of sitting, standing, walking
· Bending, crouching, kneeling
· Efficient interpersonal skills
· Excellent oral communication
· Excellent written communication
· Interpersonal awareness
· Team player
· Values and ethics
· Dental plan
· Health care plan
· Vision care benefits
How to apply