Position: room attendant
Employer: Ramada Hotel Downtown Calgary
Location: 708 – 8th Ave SW Calgary, ABT2P 1H2
Salary: $17.00 / hour
Vacancies: 5 vacancies
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time30 to 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: On call, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours
Source Job no.# 2258984
No degree, certificate or diploma
• Be the warm welcome that creates a memorable guest experience.
• Maintain a calm and welcoming demeanor while multitasking to handle guest interactions at the
same time as daily tasks.
• Follow all company and brand procedures for the proper cleaning and sanitizing of guest rooms,
public areas and work areas.
• Use tools specifically designated to you for each area that you are responsible for
• Meet all company and brand standards for cleanliness.
• Respect and care for all assets of the company that are required to deliver the guest standards
in the housekeeping department including and not limited to linens, housekeeping carts, cleaning
products and tools, equipment, furniture and all inventory consumable by guests (shampoo,
conditioner, toilet paper etc).
• Follow the designated procedure to report any concerns in regard to the maintenance of items
that provide an impression on the guest or impact your ability to meet the designated standards for
• Listen respectfully when guests have comments and/or complaints. Empathize and work with the
guest in an efficient manner to come to a resolution or loop in a supervisor or manager if
necessary to ensure the guest has a satisfactory resolution.
• Is exemplary in regard to punctuality, integrity and work ethic.
• Attends and positively participates in all staff meetings.
• Stay safe all the time. Following our safety procedures, you will report all incidents and put
safety first for yourself, your teammates and our guests.
• Follow established Company Policies and Procedures and have full knowledge of Emergency
• In consideration of safety follow all privacy protocols in regards to guest information, guest
belongings and access to the guest and/or guest room.
• Take pride in your appearance and position as a hotel ambassador. Follow all department uniform
and grooming requirements.
• Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule in the hotel and
• Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your assistance.
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with all departments in the hotel to work together to
deliver the most memorable experience to the guest.
• Maintains a healthy social workplace free from bullying or prejudice
• Knowledgeable of hotel property, amenities, area attractions and transportation.
• Adhere to all brand and company standards, policies and procedures.
• Enthusiastic, attentive and approachable.
• Acts with a sense of commitment and integrity, lives with honor, desires success, strives for
excellence, and is not afraid of opportunities.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Good strength, flexibility and endurance.
• Great sense of confidence and self worth.
• Able to work and move at a fast pace.
• Effective communicator.
• Remains calm under pressure.
• Effective multi-tasker with the ability to continuously reprioritize daily activities.
• Sense of humor.
• Maintains a workplace environment that understands and respects policies and
• Represents the hotel and the brand in a professional manner at all times.
• Actively participates in hotel and local community events.
• Desires ongoing professional development.
Work Conditions and
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, physically demanding, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Brand and company required training as outlined during on boarding and as identified throughout your employment.
Health care plan
Long term benefits
How to apply