Position: Research chemical engineer
Employer: Litis Inc.
• Location: 150 Edgeview Road NWCalgary, ABT3A 4V1
• Salary: 64.42 hourly / 30 to 40 hours per Week
• Terms of employment: Permanent employment Full time
• Day, Morning
• Start date: Starts as soon as possible
• Benefits: Other benefits
• Vacancies: 1 vacancy
• Source Job Bank #2508132
• Master’s degree
Experience an asset
• EIT registered in APEGA.
• Knowledge in sample preparation, operation, and troubleshooting of ICP-OES.
· Apply technical knowledge in sorption process concepts, practices, regulations, safety
· measures and procedures, and construction;
· Develop and implement test plans to scope, analyze, test, and evaluate our LiNC process
· on a variety of customer brines;
· Perform process design of the current, future, and conceptual lithium extraction projects.
· Conduct process modeling, performance, and operations conditions and optimization;
· Carry out experimental work as guided by Litus’s internal procedures (where applicable) or
· under the supervision of a Senior Research Chemist or Senior Engineer;
· Work with clients, EPCs, and engineering partners in detailed design and execution of
· projects for lithium extraction;
· Oversee the design, construction/build, operation, and maintenance of the demo unit(s).
· Interface with R&D/Engineering, Operation, and Management teams;
· Conduct data/results analysis and evaluate process optimization opportunities;
· Participate in technical meetings and presentations as required and produce reports on
· experiments, results, and laboratory activities;
· Solve technical challenges and contribute ideas to improve operations;
· Maintain and update time/activity tracking for grants, management, and reporting purposes
· Demonstrate scientific knowledge, good lab practices, and experimentation techniques;
· Demonstrate good communication and organizational skills through technical reports and
· presentations; and
· Identify new opportunities and suggest plans to implement them within the company.
• Parking available
How to apply
150 Edgeview Road NWCalgary, ABT3A 4V1
Here is what you must include in your application:
• Cover letter
• Letter of recommendation
• Copy of latest school transcript