Position : cook
Employer : Le Marche Gourmet
Location: 607 Victoria Road suite 101Revelstoke, BCV0E 2S0
Salary: $16.00 to $18.00 / hour (To be negotiated)
Vacancies: 2 vacancies
Employment groups: Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors
Terms of employment: Permanent employment, Full time30 to 40 hours / week
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: On call, Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night, Flexible hours, To be determined
Source Job no.# 2234865
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Prepare and cook meals and specialty foods.
- Set-up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g., chopping vegetable, portioning, preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff.
- Answer, report and follow Kitchen Supervisor instructions.
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food.
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with safety and food safe standards.
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking.
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as parboiling food.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by sanitizing surfaces taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
Attention to detail, Fast-paced environment, Handling heavy loads, Overtime required, Physically demanding, Repetitive tasks, Standing for extended periods, Work under pressure
Client focus, Dependability, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Initiative, Judgement, Organized, Reliability, Team player
How to apply