Position: Accounting technician
Employer: Hollyburn Family Services Ltd
Location: 267 West Esplanade suite 104North Vancouver, BC V7M 1A5
Salary: $26.00 hourly / 40 hours per Week
Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
Start date: Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Other benefits
Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Source Job Bank #2546699
· College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
· Urban area
• Ensure data entry is accurate and up-to date.
• Support the preparation of budgets for government contracts by gathering and inputting financial data into internal or external budget templates.
• Support the development of internal budget templates for ongoing operational budgets and ad hoc additional funding requirements under government contracts.
• Input financial data from government contracts to Home Share Provider agreements to ensure compliance with contracts/funding guides
• Maintain all contract records and documentation in an organized and accessible fashion for internal reference or external audits.
• Maintain financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems
• Ensure appropriately accounts receivable coding and payment transactions; assist in tracking customer balances.
• Actively pursue accounts receivable collections and update accounts receivable reports.
• Prepare and issue monthly invoices against approved budget government budgets including ad hoc, temporary additional funding for staffing or program start-up costs, or client damage.
• Ensure scheduled staffing hours are consistent with budgeted staffing hours pursuant to government contracts.
• Examine credits and prepare deposits and deliver them to the banks.
• Post journal entries and reconcile accounts.
• Prepare regular accounting reports and assist with reporting and financial analysis, including calculating ratios and trends, as required.
• Assist in calculation and preparation of GST returns and other regular remittances.
• Secure financial information by completing database backups.
• Perform other duties as required.
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
· Accounting software
· Human resources software
· MS Excel
· MS Office
Security and safety
· Criminal record check
· Own transportation
· Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
· Attention to detail
· Fast-paced environment
· Repetitive tasks
· Tight deadlines
· Work under pressure
· Time management
· Dental plan
· Disability benefits
· Health care plan
· Vision care benefits
· Life insurance
· Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
· Free parking available
· Learning/training paid by employer
· Team building opportunities
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
Are you currently a student?
Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Are you willing to relocate for this position?
Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
What is the highest level of study you have completed?