Indigenous Events

Educational Credential Assessment and Employment Licences

Students doing a test in a classroom

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate gained overseas is valid and equal to a Canadian one. There are several institutions issuing such a confirmation:

Designated organizations

You must use one of these designated organizations:

Some jobs in Canada are regulated and some are non-regulated. If you plan to work in regulated jobs, you will need to obtain a license in the province or territory: